Visa Function Eligibility Tangibles Application Processing Fee
EB-1 "Priority workers". Those are foreign nationals who either have "extraordinary abilities", or are "outstanding professors or researchers", and also includes "some executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the US". It allows them to remain permanently in the US. Those with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business,[ or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim. EB-1 applicants don't have to go through the "labor certification" process. $345.00
EB-2 The category includes "members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent", and "individuals who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit prospectively the national economy, cultural or educational interests. The job must require an "advanced" degree (master's degree or superior and the applicant must possess one or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus five years progressive work experience in the field). EB-2 immigration categories normally require the Labor Certification application, once the employer has obtained the Labor Certification, the employer can file an I-140 immigrant petition for an alien with the USCIS. $345.00
EB-3 Visa preference category for United States employment-based permanent residency. It is intended for "skilled workers", "professionals", and "other workers". The EB-3 category has three subcategories: EB-3A, Professionals; EB-3B, Skilled Workers; and EB-3C, Other Workers. For each, eligibility requirements include:a labor certification

a permanent, full-time job offer ability to demonstrate that the applicant will be performing work for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.

Skilled workers - must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of job experience or training. Professionals - must possess a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign degree equivalent, and must demonstrate that a baccalaureate degree is the normal requirement for entry into the occupation. Education and experience may not be substituted for a baccalaureate degree.Other workers - must be capable, at the time the petition is filed by the sponsoring employer $345.00
EB-4 The fourth preference category of employment-based green cards is an unusual one. Also called “special immigrants,” the EB-4 category includes a mix of green card types, some of them having no connection to employment or work. One of the subcategories is for ministers and religious workers A total of 10,000 green cards are available each year for the entire EB-4 category. Of these, no more than 5,000 may be allotted to non-clergy religious workers. Fortunately, the 10,000 limit is almost never reached, which means that applicants in this category wait far less time than those in other employment-based green card categories. To qualify for a green card as either a member of the clergy or a religious worker, the applicant must be able to show membership for at least the past two years in the religion. During those two years, the applicant must have been employed continuously (though not necessarily full time) by that same religious group. $345.00
EB-5 Visa provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States. To obtain the visa, individuals must invest $1,000,000 (or at least $500,000 in a Targeted Employment Area - high unemployment or rural area), creating or preserving at least 10 jobs for U.S. workers excluding the investor and their immediate family. High unemployment areas are geographic locations with an unemployment rate that is at least 150 percent of the national unemployment rate at the time of the EB-5 investment. Rural areas are geographic regions that are outside of a city with a population of 20,000 or more. There are several types of business entities in which an EB-5 visa applicant can invest. In general, the applicants can invest directly in a new commercial enterprise or in a regional center. New commercial enterprises are lawful for-profit entities that can take one of many different business structures. $345.00
H-1B1 The H-1B1 visa is reserved to aliens who come to the U.S. to work in a “specialty occupation” for a temporary period. Generally, the H-1B1 visa is available for those workers who have at least a Bachelor's degree in a technical field and who will be working in a technical position that requires an undergraduate degree. However, individuals who do not have an undergraduate degree may use their experience to compensate for any years unfinished in their undergraduate education. Solely sixty-five thousand (65,000) H-1B1 visas are granted annually in the U.S.


An additional twenty thousand (20,000) visas are granted to those applicants holding a Master's degree from a U.S. accredited institutions.

H-1B3 The H-1B3 visa is reserved to aliens who come temporarily to the U.S. as fashion models. The applicants shall be nationally and internationally recognized for their achievements, merit and abilities. $190.00
F-1 An F1 visa is issued to international students who are attending an academic program or English Language Program at a US college or university. F-1 visas are only issued in U.S. embassies and consulates outside the United States. Prospective F-1 students must apply at the schools and receive a form I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 visa. F-1 students must show that they are able to support themselves during their stay in the U.S., as their opportunities for legal employment are quite limited. F-2 visas are given to dependents of an F-1 student. F-2 visa-holders are prohibited from any form of compensated employment. However, minor children may attend public schools. $160.00
J-1 A non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to research scholars, professors and exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, especially to obtain medical or business training within the U.S. All applicants must meet eligibility criteria, English language requirements, and be sponsored either by a university, private sector or government program. $160.00
L-1 The L-1 visa is for an “intra-company transferee”. The L-1 visa was created to facilitate the transfer of personnel. Green Card processing is faster and easier because you may petition for a Green Card without having to go through the Labor Certification. Work for a company abroad that is willing to transfer you to a U.S. subsidiary or wants to send you to the United States to open a branch of the company.- Be employed by the company abroad for at least one year within the past three years prior to the submission of the application of the L-1A visa.


- Business persons who come to the U.S. so as to attend professional conferences, conventions, meetings or seminars in the U.S.

M-1 The M-1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools. M-1 students are admitted into the United States for a fixed time period. When they cross the border, their I-94 departure cards are stamped with a date, unlike students with an F-1 visa. They may stay for the length of their training program plus any Optional Practical Training, plus a thirty-day grace period at the end of their training. To obtain an M-1 visa for traveling to the United States, a student must present a signed Form I-20 at a United States embassy or consulate in his home country. The I-20 is issued by a designated school official, typically the international student adviser, after the student has fulfilled a school's admissions requirements and presented proof of financial resources. $160.00
Q-1 The Q-1 visa allows people to come to the U.S. to take part in an established international cultural exchange program.The program must be one that provides practical training, employment, and sharing of the participants' native culture, history, and traditions with the people of the United States. There is no cap on the number of visas issued under this category each year. That’s good news; it means that, unlike in some other visa categories, applicants won't face long waits for the visa, other than the time it takes to apply, submit paperwork, and attend a consular interview. A Q-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa, meaning that it is temporary. Once the visa holder has entered the U.S., he or she can engage only in activities allowed under that type of visa.Your spouse and children (unmarried, under age 21) may come to the U.S. with the Q-1 visa holder, by obtaining Q-3 visas.How long you will be able to spend in the U.S. on your Q visa will depend partly on your employer/sponsor's needs and its description of the position. You will be admitted for the length of time the program lasts, up to a maximum of 15 months, plus 30 days in which to depart the United States. $190.00
R-1 The R-1 visa allows individuals to enter the U.S. and work temporarily in a religious capacity as either:1. A Minister of religion.2. For a bona fide nonprofit religious organization (Church, Synagogue, Mosque) in the U.S. in a vocation or professional work

3. A professional in a religious occupation.

The R-1 visa is granted for a period of maximum five (5) years, including extensions. $190.00
TPS Temporary Protected Status (TPS) was enacted in 1990 to apply to non-resident foreigners wishing to avoid returning to their homeland because of civil strife or effects of a natural disaster of "extraordinary and temporary conditions." During the period for which a country has been designated for TPS, TPS beneficiaries may remain in the United States and may obtain work authorization. However, TPS does not lead to permanent resident status (green card). When the Secretary terminates a TPS designation, beneficiaries revert to the same immigration status they maintained before TPS (unless that status had since expired or been terminated) or to any other status they may have acquired while registered for TPS. An immigrant who is a national of a country (or immigrant having no nationality who last habitually resided in that country) designated for TPS is eligible to apply for TPS benefits if he or she:Establishes the necessary continuous physical presence and continuous residence in the United States as specified by each designation;Is not subject to one of the criminal, security-related, or other bars to TPS; and

Applies for TPS within the specified time period. If the Secretary of Homeland Security extends a TPS designation beyond the initial designation period, the beneficiary must timely re-register to maintain his or her TPS benefits under the TPS program.

Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) The Diversity Immigrant Visa program is a United States congressionally mandated lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery. The Act makes available 55,000 permanent resident visas annually to natives of countries deemed to have low rates of immigration to the United States. Those born in any territory that has sent more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the previous five years are not eligible to receive a diversity visa. For DV-2016, natives of the following nations are ineligible: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom Filed I-130 ($420.00)Diversity Visa Lottery fee (per person applying as a DV program selectee for a DV category immigrant visa) $330.00
Refugee/Asylum Green Card Under United States law, a refugee is someone who:Is located outside of the United StatesIs of special humanitarian concern to the United States

Demonstrates that they were persecuted or fear persecution due to race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group

Is not firmly resettled in another country

Is admissible to the United States

If approved, refugees will receive a medical exam, a cultural orientation, help with travel plans, and a loan for their travel to the United States. Refugees will also be eligible for medical and cash assistance. Refugees must apply for a green card 1 year after they are admitted to the United States.  $1,070